A faith-based Black-owned stationery company. The owner (Yvonne Carson) is the artist behind the whimsical art highlighting black and brown women.
Mocha Girl Stationery, LLC (MCSL) represents the beautiful shades of black and brown women and girls that society looks down on and judge them merely for the color of their skin and the texture of their hair.
Black and brown skin women and girls who have been and continues to be purposely marginalized and excluded from all industries across the spectrum. MCSL wants to bridge the gap.
We celebrate women of color…just the way God made them…
”fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14).
Our company is all about helping to boost these women's self-esteem through online art courses, empowerment, inspiration, encouragement, Bible verses using stationery.
We also put our original artwork on art prints and t-shirts featuring black and brown skin whimsical characters that represent them positive and uplighting ways using inspirational, motivational, and positive quotes.
You can checkout Yvonne's artwork on Instagram and Facebook under the handle @artbyvone or her artist website yvonnecarson.com.
She loves to create whimsical and quirky art for inspirational and empowerment stationery (greeting cards, notebooks, stickers, Scripture cards) and t-shirts to African American women who are looking for more representation and positive messages that inspires and empowers women of color of all ages!
Fun Fact About the Yvonne Carson:
- Master Of Divinity Degree
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling-Marriage & Family Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts in Community and Human Services-Child and Family Studies
- Ordained Minister
- Crocheter and a little Knitting
- Took vocal lessons for 5 years back in the day! (Lol) and wrote songs
- Served as a counselor for Domestic Violence Intervention Services in Tulsa, OK
- Sang in church choirs
- Tech Savvy
- God told her she's an artist three years ago when she turn 60!
- Loves creating art on her iPad and Adobe Illustration
- Mother at 15
- Grandmother of 9